Sunday, June 21, 2015

Being father is truly beyond imagination - on my 1st Father's Day


Since at least one decade ago as my male and female good friends were getting married and many soon became parents, they have been sharing just how grateful, overjoyed and blessed they are being parents.  At those days I only believe them half-truthfully as I could imagine the tough work and ever-lasting constraints they are having as fathers and mothers.

 

It is until last year that I eye-witnessed our boy being born safe and well that I get to sense just it is like to be a father.  For the past months, yes, I actualized the tough work J and I (esp. J) have been through but we still think it is very much worth it as our boy is just so cute and adorable. 

 

However, today hits another peak of the sense of being a father – my 1st Father’s Day.  In the past, I have been celebrating this day as a son but this time I get to be the center of the focus.  J has written up a card on Baby J’s behalf and as I was reading it, my tears dropped uncontrollably as I think about just how lucky I am to be a father…the opportunity for me to live my life the 2nd time.  Being an adult, a husband, a trainer, a coach takes a lot of growth, perseverance, and life experience to excel; being a father is a whole different ball game. I need to learn how better to adapt, to respond and most importantly…to love. 

 


 

As J was taking photos of me and Baby J, he suddenly looked at me with the most innocent look and a smile…once again, my tears dropped like crazy again.  Honestly, I couldn’t explain how touching it was re this connection between father and son.  To me, it is all worth it!

 


 

Although I may not be like my friends re how they whole-heartedly and nicely “hard sell” the benefits of being parents, I finally get to understand how they feel…it is something from the bottom of my heart, my soul…the bonding between you and your sons/daughters…it is simply beyond imagination or description in words.  I am not suggesting you have to have this experience to do right and be complete, yet I can almost assure you that it is a wonderful  journey that you will not regret having.  It is hard work, but it is all worth it!

 

Happy Father’s Day to me, my dad, you all as dads and those dads-to-be who are brave enough and  carry a sense of purpose.

 

Thanks J for giving me such a great gift of my life, including having you as my life partner!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment