Friday, August 5, 2011

Training at the desert


Having training in Henderson (a suburban city 15 minutes from Las Vegas in Nevada) is quite a good experience.  Weather is nearly sunny and super-hot every day (some days over 40 degrees).  But it isn’t too bad because it is dry.

Today is the 10th day of training and the participants are entering into an exciting moment in learning as they will be having their 2nd mock presentation (to be evaluated and commented by coaching assistants).  Next week, they will be evaluated real time for qualification as NLP trainers.  These days both the participants and us as coaching assistants have been working hard, having late hours in training (yesterday till 9pm) trying to put things in order to set forth for the evaluation next week. 

One evening after class, I passed by a participant having her hands full of grocery.  This participant from England told me that she hadn’t had “real” food for the past week so she bought US$250 worth of grocery from Albertsons and was heading back to her room to cook some real meat and fresh vegetable!  Poor soul!  For me, the food at the hotel is of course not considered as fabulous but still OK.  It is rather the timing of having them that is not ideal.  Normally, they treat dinner from 5-7pm Monday to Thursday, but we are still having class at that time so we have to literally shuffle food into our mouth during a super short dinner break (with line-up for food) before we engage into an exercise until evening. 

Well, for me, I see it only as temporal yet when you look back, it will be good learning experience in becoming a bullet-proof solid NLP trainer once you get certified.  It is a good process that we as NLP trainer ought to go through.  As coaching assistants, our job is to ensure they are on track, hanging in the process and help them get what they truly want for their career.  As a master trainer candidate, I value the experience I am having here so I know crystal clear what it takes for me to certify my 1st batch of NLP trainer in soon future!


However, I do miss my cat sooooo much and am glad I see her in this latest photo and will be back by late next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment